We ask that visitors comply with all park rules:
- The Prospect Park Zoo is a smoke-free park.
- Visitors age 17 and under must be accompanied by an adult chaperone (age 18+).
- MASKS ARE REQUIRED FOR YOUR VISIT. Consistent with NY City/State and CDC guidance, MASKS ARE REQUIRED INDOORS* FOR ALL GUESTS over the age of 2 years, regardless of vaccination status. Unvaccinated guests over the age of 2 years are also required to wear a mask at all outdoor areas where social distancing cannot be maintained. Face coverings remain optional for vaccinated guests in outdoor areas.
- As of 9/13/21: VACCINATION WILL BE REQUIRED FOR all guests 12+ to enter indoor exhibits. Due to NYC Executive Order No. 225, all guests age 12 and older must show proof of vaccination (at least 1 shot) in order to enter indoor exhibits. Children 11 years and younger are permitted into indoor exhibits with vaccinated adult chaperone. Click for details on acceptable proof of vaccination.
- Do not feed our animal residents or throw things in exhibits, and stay on public paths at all times.
- No scooters, skateboards or bicycles. No balloons. These items must be left outside the park.
- Radios and speakers are prohibited. No playing ball during your visit.
- No pets. Only working service animals are permitted, in accordance with the American with Disabilities Act. Dogs whose sole function is to provide comfort or emotional support do not qualify as service animals under the ADA. Pets, comfort animals, emotional support or therapy animals are not permitted at the Zoo.
- Deposit trash and recycling in designated receptacles.
- Shirts and shoes are required at all times.
- We reserve the right to inspect packages, bags, and containers.
- We reserve the right to escort from zoo grounds any individuals or groups who are acting in ways deemed harmful to our animals, staff, or the park, or that impinge upon the safety or enjoyment of the park by other guests.
- Do not approach, touch or feed local wildlife that you see on ground. Please respect and leave untouched the plants and trees around you.
- Weapons of any kind are not allowed in the Zoo.
- The solicitation of visitors, or the selling of any items is prohibited within the Zoo, at its entrance gates, and along boundary sidewalks.
- During your visit, you may be photographed or videotaped by WCS (or by third parties authorized by WCS). Your image may also be observed and transmitted in real time by WCS via live webcam. Your admission serves as permission for the foregoing uses of your image. Commercial photography or filming is prohibited without express permission of WCS.
- Non-commercial photography for personal use is allowed, but tripods are restricted in several exhibits, and at the discretion of zoo staff. Commercial photography and filming requests must go through the Communications Department. Please send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Still have a question? Read our FAQs. Or reach out to us directly.
*Arrival to the park may be outdoors, but to visit indoor locations you must have a mask. Indoor locations include exhibit buildings, Sea Lion Store & Café, and all restrooms.