Zoo Guided Tour
We'll introduce you to our newest critters and our long-time favorites, along with providing an animal demonstration. Choose one or two exhibit areas to visit: Discovery Trail, Animal Lifestyles, Hall of Animals, and the Barn.
- Grades: 1st–8th Grades
- Time: 1 hour
- Fee: $200 per group
- To make a reservation, please call the Education Department at (800) 433-4149, Monday through Friday, 9am-5pm. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about education programs or the registration process.
- Once your booking has been made, an invoice with program information, including date & time, will be sent to you. This letter is valid for free general admission for your classes & must be shown at the entrance gate on the scheduled dates.
- A $50 change fee will be incurred if the school needs to change the program dates.
- Pre-K & Kindergarten: Maximum class size is 25 students & 7 adults, including the teacher.
- 1st Grade & Up: Maximum class size is 35 students & 7 adults, including the teacher.
- Schools are not allowed to combine classes to reach the maximum class size.
- School & camp groups are required to provide a minimum of 1 adult chaperone for every 10 children & chaperones must remain with their group at all times.
- Special Needs Classes: We welcome students with special needs. Please be sure to mention special needs or disabilities when registering so that we can accommodate your class. We require one adult for every two students in a special education class with a maximum class size of 12 students.
- Payment in full is due at least 4 weeks prior to the program date & ASAP if booked within 4 weeks.
- Under no circumstances will a program be held without full payment in advance or a Purchase Order.
- Payment may be made by check, credit card, or Purchase Order.
- All cancellations must be received in writing by email, email@example.com, or fax (718) 733-9545.
- Cancellations made at least 4 weeks in advance will receive a 50% refund.
- There are no refunds for programs cancelled less than 4 weeks prior to the scheduled date of program.
Due to a very full schedule, programs will not be extended for late-arriving groups beyond the scheduled end time. Staff will make every attempt to cover as much material as possible in the time available. Please obtain information on how to locate us in advance of your trip by visiting the directions page on our website.
Programs are held rain or shine unless trips are cancelled by school officials or a zoo closure is in effect. Please encourage children to dress appropriately for outdoor activities.